Hello everyone, the IELTS and TOEFL exam are widely accepted across the country. About lakhs of students give these exams for studying abroad or for work. Usually, the students get confused about the detailed information to study abroad. So, in this article, we will clear the confusion of “IELTS or the TOEFL for my study abroad program”.
In this article, we will discuss briefly:
- A brief introduction to IELTS/TOEFL
- Why study abroad?
- What are the best study destinations?
- Which is the more widely accepted- IELTS or TOEFL?
- AccioIbis is your study abroad partner (IELTS/TOEFL study partner)
- Some of the best courses for studying abroad
- Tips and Strategies for IELTS and TOEFL preparation
A brief introduction to IELTS and TOEFL
- IELTS or the INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE TESTING SYSTEM, started in 1980 by Cambridge English Language Assessment (then known as UCLES) and the British Council. It is an international standardized test of English language proficiency for non-native English language speakers. It’s one of the major English language tests in the world. IELTS is the only Secure English Language Test approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for visa customers applying both outsides and inside the UK. IELTS is used by over 9,000 educational institutions worldwide. In the IELTS Test, there are four sections- reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- TOEFL or Test of English as a Foreign Language, started in 1964 by the Modern Language Association financed by grants from the Ford Foundation and Danforth Foundation. It is a standardized test to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers wishing to enroll in English-speaking universities. TOEFL is one of the two major English-language tests in the world, the other being the IELTS. TOEFL is a trademark of the Educational Testing Service (ETS), a private non-profit organization, which designs and administers the tests. TOEFL is a four-hour computerized test that includes reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
Why study abroad?
The advantages of studying abroad are:
- Learning a new language: Studying in a new culture and learning new languages makes your way of speaking fluently. You will gain more confidence while giving a presentation whether in school, colleges, or even on a business deal.
- Experience: Students who are studying abroad have more experience, which helps in becoming more flexible, courageous and will give more awareness.
- Innovation: Studying or working abroad will give you a global perspective as you will mix with different kinds and cultures of people. In this way, it will make you more innovative irrespective of what degree you have.
- Academic and career choices: Studying abroad helps you to get more academic choices and along with your study you can work in companies to gain more experience and knowledge. As in abroad, they have well-equipped technologies for providing the students with all the kinds of facilities needed.
What are the best study destinations?
The countries which are known for the best study destinations are:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
Which is the more widely accepted IELTS or TOEFL for study abroad?
The TOEFL is more commonly accepted by American institutions, while the IELTS is more commonly accepted overseas.
- The TOEFL test is accepted by 150 countries and about 10,000 universities. It is widely accepted by Canada.
- IELTS is accepted by 140 countries and 10,000 institutions, for educational, immigration, and occupational purposes.
- In Australia, IELTS for many visa categories and also for permanent residency.
- In Canada, IELTS is accepted for immigration, refugees, and citizenship.
- In the UK, IELTS is accepted for permanent residency.
- In New Zealand, IELTS is accepted for Visas which includes, skilled migrant, investor and entrepreneur, the residence from work, and parent categories.
AccioIbis is your study abroad partner
The IELTS and TOEFL exam have writing, reading, speaking, and listening tests, in which the writing and speaking sections play a major role in obtaining good marks. Many of the time the students cannot find the right tutor. So, by using Acciolbis the students can get a 100% accurate evaluation method, which is not accurate by human means as it consumes a lot of time.
Acciolbis is a platform that helps the students to prepare for all the English language proficiency exams by quickly evaluating the essays. It is an AI (Artificial Intelligence-powered) application that uses cutting-edge NLP, Machine Learning, and Neural Network algorithms to evaluate any writing and speaking in just seconds.
Now get scores instantly, in just SECONDS!
Evaluate writing and speaking scores with detailed breakdown and suggestions. Practice in realtime and improve your score. Get access to study materials and unlimited training exercises.
Acciolbis promises that the scores given are accurate and gives detailed feedback about the grammatical mistakes and also about the wrong spellings. Which helps the students to find their drawbacks and helps them to work on their mistakes.
The scores obtained in the writing and speaking part on AccioIbis can be used as a benchmark for the expected scores in the final exam at IELTS or TOEFL. The scores that a student will obtain in the exam will be very close if not the same as the ones obtained on AccioIbis.
Some of the best courses for studying abroad
- Business Analytics and Data Science
- Business Management
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Social Science
- Physical and Life Sciences
- Hospitality and tourism
- Fashion designing
Get your IELTS/TOEFL/TOEIC writing & speaking scores in just SECONDS!
Tips and Strategies for IELTS and TOEFL preparation
- Increase fluency: Reading newspapers, magazines, and good books can enhance your speaking skills with a good vocabulary. Also learning the correct pronunciation helps to increase your marks.
- Make writing a habit: The more you practice, the sharper you get. Practice writing every day, it will increase your speed of writing with the given word limit. You will see a change in your writing pattern and also in the grammatical mistakes.
- Practice listening: Listening to TED Talks, news, debates also increases your vocabulary and word stock. Hearing also enhances your skills.
- Revise and make a correct plan: Revising the same thing every day will make your idea more and more clear. And the good effort will pay off in your marks. Be consistent and follow your plan or time table according to your comfort.