All over the globe there is a pandemic which is ruling everyone and has affected human population mainly. The humans are like puppets that have to act accordingly to the situation leading to the closure of day-to-day activities. It has tremendously shut down one of the most important need that is education.
To face the current the human population is trying to discover and follow the format to combat against this deadly virus. One such in the field of education is online platform. It involves the comfort of home, technology and various applications.
Similarly IELTS has come up with an amazing idea to conduct the exam online at one’s place and location. It is to be noted that it is not a substitute for the main exam. It is applicable only for educational purpose and not for immigration. It is available at universities who are accepting the online marks. It is known as “IELTS INDICATOR TEST”.
TABLE OF CONTENT:
- IELTS – Quick Introduction
- IELTS Indicator Test
- Countries applicable
- Get ready for the exam
IELTS – A quick introduction
The full form of IELTS exam is International English Language Testing Service. It is organised by IDP Education Australia, British Council and Cambridge English Language Assessment. The exam is taken by the students who aspire to either study or settle in countries like New Zealand, Canada, Australia, UK, and USA. The exam aims to know the ability of students in communication. It tests their speaking, listening, writing and reading capabilities.
The exam can be taken 4 times in a month and 48 times in a year. The exam is divided into two types. The first is for academics and higher education purpose known as IELTS academic task. The second is only for settling, immigration and gaining work experience which is known as IELTS general training.
The exam is not a compulsion. It is according to the convenience of the candidate. The exam also provides scholarships and loan to financially help students. One can reschedule the exam before five weeks of the exam. The exam is widely accepted in 10,000 universities.
IELTS Indicator Test
As we all have an idea about the situation outside. To this the higher authorities have decided to conduct the IELTS examination online. That exam is given the name as IELTS Indicator Test. At the end of exam one also receives indicators (marks) within a week. This is not a final exam; one has to give in-person exam once the circumstance is controlled.
Before one fills up the form, one needs to check whether the university accepts the marks of online examination. This is just an alternative method for IELTS. The exams will start once the centres are re-opened. The academic test is available but not the general task. It benefits a person in many ways. A few of them are listed below.
- It helps to find out how one can improve scores in a particular area.
- It depicts how well is one prepared for the exam.
- One can trust the results as they are marked by qualified experts along with artificial intelligence technology.
- One can rely on this exam as it is official.
- The most important part is one can answer the test in their comfort zones.
- Many universities can know the level of subject knowledge of the student.
- Since it is limited until the pandemic situation, one can take advantage of it.
Using this opportunity an individual can also fulfil their dreams to acquire admissions in universities of UK, Canada, USA and many other countries.
IELTS Indicator Test Registration Process
- The first step is to fulfil the requirements needed for the exam. They may be a personal computer, microphone and speakers.
- Then, one spots a link through which one can register for the indicator test.
- After choosing the indicator test, select the country name, a preferable time and date for the exam.
- Then one is guided to pay the fee and confirm the registration.
- After the registration one receives few emails from the official site.
- One of them would have instructions to download the safe exam browser and zoom application on the PC.
- After all this process one obtains the final scheduling details of the exam. It also specifies about the speaking section details.
- With the speaking details, one receives a link and password for the zoom meeting for the speaking section. One also receives a URL and login information for safe exam browser to attend the writing, reading and listening sections.
- Inspera Assessment is the company which monitors the microphone and camera to have a look on the candidate.
- The candidate is required to keep a pencil and paper on the desk. The rules and regulations must be followed strictly.
- Albania * Netherlands
- Algeria * New Zealand
- Angola * Oman
- Argentina * Pakistan
- Bangladesh * Peru
- Belgium * Portugal
- Brazil * Qatar
- Canada * Russia
- Columbia * Singapore
- Ethiopia * Saudi Arabia
- France * Sri Lanka
- Ghana * Switzerland
- India * Thailand
- Iraq * Ukraine
- Israel * United Kingdom
- Kenya * United States Of
- Kuwait America
- Malawi * United Arab
- Mauritius Emirates
- Mexico * Vietnam
- Nepal * Zimbabwe
Get ready for the exam:
IELTS Indicator Test similar to the paper based exam. The only thing changed is one need to answer using the computer.
b. The listening section has time limit of 30 minutes and 40 questions.
c. The reading section is for 60 minutes along with 40 questions.
d. The writing section is divided into two tasks for 60 minutes.
e. The speaking section is limited to 11-14 minutes with 3 tasks over the video call on zoom.
1. A comfortable place where it is peaceful and quiet. It helps to concentrate on the examination and mentally prepared.
2. As the test goes on for more than 2 hours one needs to have good connectivity. A network with high bandwidth and stable connectivity can work out well.
The next is system requirements:
- A candidate must have a personal computer (PC) or MAC. It could be either a laptop or desktop computer. The exam cannot be taken on a mobile phone or tablet.
- The system must also meet the exam requirements and have enough space to store if anything required.
- One needs to install the safe exam browser and also zoom application on the laptop or the device used.
- As things are needed to be recorded and one must not cheat during the exam, there must be a web-camera or camera in-built in the system.
- The camera must be on and uncovered during the entire exam.
- The use of good and effective microphones wired or wireless is required.
- They must be on during the entire exam for sections like listening. It increases the quality of answers if there is no disturbance between the exam.
- One should also have the same ID proof or Passport documents which are submitted during the registration.
- The document must be with the candidate for all parts of the examination.
- One can also have speakers for better sound quality.
- For the payment, one can use credit or debit cards. They could be issued by local or international authorities.
- The amount needs to be paid in US dollars ($).
- One can also reschedule, register/change any personal data if required by filling an online application form.
IELTS Indicator Test sections
- Listening section:
This has four recorded monologues or conversations. It requires 40 questions to be answered i.e. 10 questions per monologue or conversation.
- Reading section:
It consists of three long paragraphs. They might be descriptive, factual or informative. It also has texts, diagrams and illustrations from books, journals and newspaper. It has 40 questions which are needed to be answered within 60 minutes of time.
- Writing section:
There are two tasks in this part. The first one is for 150 words and the second one is for 250 words. The first task needs to be brief the following diagram, picture, graph or chart. The second task would have a day-to-day topic on which an essay is to be written.
- Speaking section:
There would be a face-to-face interview via zoom application. It would have 3 tasks which should be completed in 11-14 minutes. it would be an organised and structured discussion.
Tips for the IELTS Indicator Test:
The most prominent thing before the exam during preparation is that one needs to have a good balance between physical and mental life. The pandemic has created havoc and it might be disturbing the peace externally as well as internally.
Along with that few more points’ one need to know is:
- To organise, plan systematically and be time-bound during preparation.
- To know the configuration of the exam.
- Watch TED talks, English movies, broadcasting channels to have a stronghold on vocabulary.
- Listen and read newspapers, journals, blogs, and radio channels.
- Talk to friends, a family who are well-versed in the English language.
- Being precise and accurate as there is a time limit, word count and also with the usage of vocabulary.
- One requires to have a fluent accent and able to connect the words with proper grammar.
Points to remember:
- Listening: 30 minutes, 40 questions
- Reading: 60 minutes, 40 questions
- Writing: 60 minutes, 2 tasks
- Speaking: 11-14 minutes, 3 tasks
- It is to help student financially as scholarships and loans are provided.
- Due to pandemic, there is an online examination known as IELTS indicator test.
- It is not a substitute for the paper-based exam.
- It is applicable only for academic tasks not for general training.
- The institutions which accept the indicative scores only provide admissions to the students.
- It may also require to give the exam after the centres are re-open.
- It is not different from the main exam. The syllabus is similar to the paper-based test.
- The reading, listening and writing section is conducted on the same day.
- The speaking section is conducted a few days later via the zoom application.
- One cannot pause the exam and take it later. One requires to sit in a place during the entire time period.
- The score will be intimated within a week or 7 days of the examination.
- The scores are just indicative. One can use them as a reference and also improve further scores.
Now get scores INSTANTLY!
Evaluate your IELTS/TOEFL writing and speaking scores with corrections and suggestions. Practice in Real-Time and improve your exam scores.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is an online platform to write the IELTS examination due to the pandemic situation.
Yes, it is. One needs to know about institutions which accept the indicator test.
Any candidate willing to take IELTS can take up the online examination.
It is only for academic i.e. for educational purposes.
No, it is not a substitute.
The test is applicable in few of the places as mentioned above and in their universities.
Yes, it does not have any pause in between. It is for 2hours 45 minutes.
It is scheduled once in a week.
The cost is $149.
The official websites and the British Council have given up study materials which a candidate can refer to.
It depends on the university. If it accepts indicator scores then in-person is not required.
Yes. One does gets indicative scores for each area and also overall indicative score.
AccioIbis for your IELTS Indicator Test
If you are dedicated to improving your IELTS Indicator Test then AccioIbis is the best solution. You can INSTANTLY evaluate your IELTS speaking tasks and get scores along with detailed feedback and suggestions. Also, AccioIbis is the only platform that can evaluate all the speaking tasks instantly and give you detailed feedback in just seconds!
Students around the globe are using AccioIbis to improve their IELTS exam scores so what are you waiting for?
With AccioIbis IELTS Instant Writing and Speaking evaluation, you will get the power in your hands, no more waiting no more searching for the right teacher, simply register and start practising. You can practice from any device from any place.
ALL THE BEST!!!
IF THE PLAN DOESN’T WORK, CHANGE THE PLAN. BUT NEVER THE GOAL.