Due to this pandemic situation, every sector was closed for many months. But modern problems need modern solutions, so everyone is utilizing this online platform for work and study. In this article, we will share information about “IELTS General 2020 Complete Exam Guide“, so that the candidates can utilize their time in something valuable.
In this article, we will discuss briefly :
- Introduction to IELTS General
- IELTS General exam structure
- The registration process for IELTS General
- The price structure for IELTS General
- Who takes the IELTS General?
- Advantages of IELTS
Introduction to IELTS General
International English Language Testing System or IELTS tests the English proficiency of the candidates seeking to study or work abroad.
IELTS is accepted globally and it’s compulsory criteria for taking admission in the universities or any other educational institutions in the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and many more.
IELTS has two test versions,
- IELTS Academic Test, taken for educational purposes.
- IELTS General Training Test, taken for employment purposes or work purposes.
The IELTS General version of IELTS is easier than the academic version. All candidates need to do the same Listening and Speaking sections. Both versions provide a valid and accurate assessment of the four language skills: listening, reading, writing, and speaking. IELTS is available at more than 1,600 locations worldwide, including more than 50 locations in the USA.
IELTS General exam structure
The test has four sections:
- Reading – The reading test has 3 sections, a total of 40 questions, and the exam must be completed in 60 minutes.
- Section 1: two or three short factual texts
- Section 2: contains two short factual texts focusing on a work-related issue
- Section 3: one longer, more complex text
- Writing –
- Part 1: write a letter requesting information or explaining a situation.
- Part 2: write an essay in response to a point of view, argument, or problem
- Listening – The listening test has 4 sections, a total of 40 questions, and the exam must be completed in 30 minutes.
- Section 1: a conversation between two people
- Section 2: a monologue set in an everyday social context
- Section 3: a conversation between up to four people set in an educational or training context
- Section 4: a monologue on an academic subject
- Speaking – The speaking test is an interview test for 15 minutes.
- Part 1: Introduction and interview
- Part 2: Individual long turn (you have to talk about a topic)
- Part 3: Two-way discussion (The examiner asks further questions which are connected to the topic of Part 2.)
The registration process for IELTS General
The procedure for IELTS registration are:
- Log on to www.ielts.org
- Select the option “Register for IELTS“.
- Select your test date and test city (you will see the seat availability status).
- Complete the online application form.
- Pay the test fee by credit card (Master / Visa).
- Get instant seat booking and acknowledgment.
The price structure for IELTS General
The registration fee of some institutions for IELTS is 191.47$. The computer-delivered IELTS fees are 180.76$. The IELTS for UKVI fees is 252.38$. The life skills fees are 188.96$. The pen-based IELTS fees are 180.77$.
Who takes the IELTS General?
- The IELTS General Training test is for those who are going to English speaking countries for secondary education, work experience, or training programs.
- The test focuses on basic survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts.
- Every organization that the candidate is applying to, sets the requirements of their own art. They decide if they will accept academic or general training results and the level of English or band score that you need to demonstrate. So before booking your test, it is a good idea to contact them directly and ask which tests the candidates need to be enrolled in.
- IELTS is accepted as evidence of English language proﬁciency for study, work, and migration in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and,d t, he, UK, as well as for study and work in the USA. Each country sets its own IELTS requirements.
Advantages of IELTS
- General Training IELTS is intended for career and immigration purposes. The IELTS Life Skills is a new UK government-approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) to support your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) application.
- Providing proof of language proficiency is an important step in obtaining a visa so that one can work abroad.
- Language skills are key to career success and are considered a valuable asset in addition to all the other requirements of any job.
The minimum requirement of IELTS General scores in some countries are –
- In Canada, applicants should check directly with the organization they want to apply to for the IELTS score requirements. Employers and educational institutions generally set their own language requirements. But also have to achieve the Canadian Language Benchmarks standard.
- In the UK, applicants must score at least 6.5 on each of the four components of the test.
- In Australia, a test score of 5 is considered to be ‘vocational English‘ level. A band score of 6 means that the applicant is a ‘competent English‘ speaker.
- In New Zealand, work permit applicants must gain an overall band score of 4 or higher in the IELTS General or Academic module. They may also provide additional evidence of their English language abilities, such as to inform, action about countries they have lived in, their current country of residence, or their family’s knowledge of English.
Frequently Asked Questions for IELTS General
6-8 weeks is required for the students to prepare for IELTS General.
If you would like to make an inquiry about your test results, you need to apply to the center where you booked your test within six weeks of your test date. You can choose which sections of the test you want to have re-marked. There is a charge for an inquiry on IELTS test results, however, this charge will be refunded if your score increases for any section of the test. Your result will normally be available in 2-21 days, depending on several factors including the number of sections requested for re-marking.
IELTS uses a 9-band scoring system to measure and report test scores in a consistent manner. You receive individual band scores for Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking, and an Overall Band Score on a band scale from one to nine.
No, as long as the examiner can understand clearly. But if your accent is not understandable by the examiner, it can lower your marks.
It has three passages. First one is relevant to everyday English and could be factual information about a school course or some kind of service such as hotel. The second one focuses on work issues, such as training courses at work, resources at work, application procedures or about pay schemes. The last reading passage is longer and is most difficult. This is based on a topic of general interest.
Now get scores INSTANTLY!
Evaluate your IELTS/TOEFL writing and speaking scores with corrections and suggestions. Practice in Real-Time and improve your exam scores.
AccioIbis for your IELTS General exam
If you are dedicated to improving your IELTS General then AccioIbis is the best solution. You can INSTANTLY evaluate your IELTS wiring and speaking tasks and get scores along with detailed feedback and suggestions. Also, AccioIbis is the only platform that can evaluate all the speaking tasks instantly and give you detailed feedback in just seconds!
Students around the globe are using AccioIbis to improve their IELTS exam scores so what are you waiting for?
With AccioIbis IELTS Instant Writing and Speaking evaluation, you will get the power in your hands, no more waiting no more searching for the right teacher, simply register and start practising. You can practice from any device from any place.
ALL THE BEST!!!
IF THE PLAN DOESN’T WORK, CHANGE THE PLAN. BUT NEVER THE GOAL.