“Excellence is to do a common thing uncommonly”, this quote is applicable in today’s world, and many people are living the life of their dreams. Surrounding yourself with different people and different cultures is always the best way to grow your skills. Many students want to study abroad for their higher studies, so in this article, we will guide you on how you can prepare yourself for the study abroad program.
In this article we will discuss briefly:
- Advantages of studying abroad
- Best places to study abroad
- Best courses for studying abroad
- How much does it cost to study abroad?
- Scholarship Program
- College admission and visa process
- Acciolbis- your study abroad partner
Advantages of studying abroad program
- Career opportunities: Having an International degree increases your chances of hiring as it reflects on your resume, having a global perspective also adds value to your work depending upon the courses you choose.
- Increases the confidence level: Studying abroad helps you to grow personally as you lead an independent life staying with different types of cultural people. It increases your confidence along with good communication skills.
- Growing network: As you go abroad to study you will have a huge network from regional people abroad, which will help in your career growth and will give more opportunities for internships, businesses, or jobs.
- Technology: The universities have made sure that all of the education sectors are well equipped with the latest technology. This makes the life of the student much simpler with easy access to data and other technology. It is said that technology plays a vital role in research and development and has made sure they do not fall behind when it comes to the advancement of their facilities and their students by introducing new methods and skills for learning.
- Academic choices – The International Education system provides the students with options according to their needs and interests.
At the undergraduate level, the student can choose different courses before they declare their choice for major at the end of the study.
At the master’s degree level, the student can customize their course according to their course works to match the academic goals.
The students always have the freedom to include ideas and opinions important to the area of academic interests.
- Training and research opportunities – The universities offer International students at the graduate level for research and training. Students can assist professors with research on different projects and it also allows them to work with the best in their chosen field of study.
- Supports International students – The universities provide good guidance and support to all the students, whether it is related to visa, career, opportunities, accommodation, etc.
Best places for study abroad program
- Japan- The best universities in Japan are: Hokkaido University, Tohoku University, Osaka University, Kyoto University, The University of Tokyo.
- France- The best universities of France are Sorbonne University, Université de Paris, University of Aix-Marseille, University of Montpellier, Universite Grenoble Alpes (UGA), University of Strasbourg.
- New Zealand- The best universities in New Zealand are: the University of Auckland, University of Otago, University of Canterbury, University of Waikato.
- Ireland- The best universities in Ireland are: Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, National University of Ireland, Galway, University College Cork, Dublin City University.
- South Korea- The best universities in South Korea are: Ewha Women’s University, Seoul National University, KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, Korea University, Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), Yonsei University.
- The USA- The best universities in the USA are: Princeton University, Harvard University, Columbia University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Yale University, Stanford University, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania.
- Australia- The best universities in Australia are the University of Sydney, University of Queensland, Monash University, University of New South Wales, University of Western Australia, University of Melbourne.
- Italy- The best universities in Italy are: the University of Bologna, Sapienza University of Rome, University of Padua, International School for Advanced Studies, University of Milan, University of Pisa, University of Naples Federico, University of Turin.
- Canada- The best universities in Canada are the University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, McGill University, McMaster University, University of Alberta, The University of Calgary.
- Germany- The best universities in Germany are: Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich (LMU), Technical University of Munich (TUM), Heidelberg University, Humboldt University of Berlin, RWTH Aachen University, University of Freiburg.
Best courses for studying abroad program
- Business Analytics and Data Science
- Business Management
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Social Science
- Physical and Life Sciences
- Hospitality and tourism
- Fashion designing
How much does it cost to study abroad?
The cost is a matter of concern for many students but you can research the university and apply for a scholarship program before you apply for admission.
- Before applying for a visa, you will be asked to prove that you have money for the funds.
- The proof includes bank account details, history of savings, a letter from the sponsor board, and other documents that prove your financial stability to study abroad.
The tuition fees for government-funded institutions are much lesser than private universities.
- Private non-profit four-year colleges
Tuition fees – $35,830
Room and board – $12,680
- Public four-year colleges (out-of-state fees)
Tuition fees – $26,290
Room and board – $11,140
- Public four-year colleges (in-state fees)
Tuition fees – $10,230
Room and board – $11,140
- Public two-year colleges
Tuition fees – $3,660
Room and board – $8,660
- Scholarships are specially for particular groups of people. There are scholarships for women or graduate students.
- Some scholarships are available because of where you or your parents work, or because you come from a certain background (for example, there are scholarships for military families).
- Some students get scholarships for merit-based. The students earn them by meeting or exceeding certain standards set by the scholarship-giver. Merit scholarships might be awarded based on academic achievement or a combination of academics and a special talent, trait, or interest. Other scholarships are based on financial need.
- For some students who have performed poorly in the GRE or GMAT and have a high GPA, the student can still have a decent chance of earning a scholarship.
- Some scholarship applications ask for recommendation letters from professors or anyone who would report professionally. The students must find someone who knows them well and can give a good recommendation.
- Students should always ask the target university about the availability of scholarships, eligibility, application process, and deadline. The student may search for “Graduate Admissions Coordinator” or “Financial Aid Coordinator” and email them, asking about scholarships. The titles may vary a little but the student should be able to locate the relevant person. In case the student cannot find one, one should ask the Admissions office. Write a simple email with a subject like “Need help: prospective international student scholarship information” and send them the questions.
College admission and visa process
- First, decide which program you want to aspire to. Choose a University or school that is best ranked for your course program.
- Before taking admission to University or college first research because of the quality of the faculties and the education may not satisfy your expectations. Read the requirements on the official website. Even if you are still confused then contact the school or the college staff.
- You must plan for your budget and the fees for your school or colleges. So, before fixing research for the scholarships and the fee structure for the colleges or schools.
- Prepare for IELTS and TOEFL or other exams that are required for your abroad journey. There are many platforms available where you can practice the sample question and upgrade the chances of studying abroad.
- Depending on the country’s regulations and several applicants, applying for a student visa can be a long and complicated process. Therefore, it’s better to apply for a student visa and schedule your appointment or interview as soon as possible.
- After the candidate gets his letter of acceptance from the University, the students may apply for the student visa online by making a profile and fill in the forms or offline by downloading the forms and submitting them in the hands of the authorities.
- The requirements for a student visa are a bank statement, the application form, the receipt of payment for your application and university tuition fee, your passport, medical, and background information.
- Every candidate would be required to pay a student visa fee for the application process. The final process would include the student submitting his application process along with their supporting documents.
- If the student’s study permit expires before the course completion, then the student can renew their study permit.
Now get scores instantly, in just SECONDS!
Evaluate writing and speaking scores with detailed breakdown and suggestions. Practice in realtime and improve your score. Get access to study materials and unlimited training exercises.
Acciolbis – your study abroad partner
Acciolbis is the first application that uses AI (Artificial Intelligence) for writing and speaking for competitive exams. The students can instantly evaluate their writing skills. Acciolbis also uses machine learning which is useful for estimating marks.
By joining Acciolbis, the students don’t have to take tuitions as it uses cutting-edge Artificial intelligence algorithms (Deep learning, machine learning, and natural processing language technology) which makes it possible to analyze the scores in seconds with 100% accuracy.
Acciolbis scores are as per the ETS and British Council standards. It doesn’t have any human bias.
Acciolbis also offers 24 hours of premium services for free, if you register for the very first time. You can evaluate 3 speaking and writing tasks each for free before you go for the premium membership.