Due to this pandemic situation, every sector was closed for many months. But modern problems need modern solutions, so everyone is utilizing this online platform for work and study. In this article, we will share information about the “2020 complete PTE exam guide“, so that the candidates can utilize their time in something valuable.
In this article, we will discuss briefly :
- An introduction to PTE Exam
- PTE exam structure
- Registration for PTE
- Price structure of PTE
- Who takes the PTE exam?
- PTE Exam result
- How to improve PTE scores?
An introduction to PTE Exam
- The PTE or Pearson Test of English is a computer-based English language test trusted by universities, colleges, and governments around the world. PTE offers candidates the fastest, fairest, and most flexible way of proving their English language proficiency for studying or immigrating abroad.
- The three-hour-long computer-based test focuses on day to day English rather than high-level English language and tests a student on his/her ability to effectively understand the language as spoken daily.
- PTE tests include Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking, there is one multi-level test.
- There are six levels of the General test, each level is set at one of the CEFR levels. The tests consist of two parts: a written paper and an interview.
PTE exam structure
The PTE exam consists of three main parts – Speaking & Writing, Reading and Listening, which the candidates need to complete in 3 hours with an optional 10 minutes break between the reading and listening parts. In the PTE exam writing and speaking part, the candidates are given 77 to 93 minutes of time to complete. This section includes the following parts:
- Personal introduction.
- Read aloud,
- Repeat sentences.
- Describe the image.
- Re-tell lecture.
- Answer a short question.
- Summarize written text Essay (20 minutes).
In the PTE exam, the reading segment is 32 to 41 minutes long and evaluates the candidate’s understanding of written information in the English language. The candidates are advised to read the questions carefully and answer accordingly. This section includes the following question patterns:
- Choose a single answer.
- Choose multiple answers.
- Re-order paragraphs.
- Reading: Fill in the blanks
- Reading & writing: Fill in the blanks.
In the PTE exam, the listening test is the final section of the, which is divided into various small parts, this segment tests the candidate’s ability to understand spoken English. The questions included in this section are based on, audio or video clips played just once for the candidates. So, they need to listen to the clips very carefully and make notes as well. The audio or video clips are generally of 60-90 seconds and the candidates get 10 minutes to write their response in 50-70 words.
This section includes the following question patterns:
- Summarize the spoken text.
- Choose multiple answers.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Highlight the correct summary.
- Choose a single answer
- Select missing words.
- Highlight incorrect words.
- Write from dictation.
Registration for PTE : The registration process for PTE Exam are:
- Visit the official PTE Academic website.
- Create your Pearson account by giving your personal details.
- Once you complete the registration process, you will receive an email within 48 hours from Pearson with your login details.
- The next step is to search for your nearest test center.
- Also, select a suitable time and date.
- After selecting all your details like time, date, and slot you will be asked to proceed to the checkout button.
- Then make payment and finalize your booking.
The requirements for PTE Academic online, candidates need a valid ID, generally a passport.
Price structure of PTE
The standard PTE Academic exam fee is 181.45$. In case the candidate is booking the PTE exam within 48 hours of the PTE test date, the candidate would be required to pay the PTE Late Booking Fee of about 190.53$.
- Candidates who decide not to pursue their PTE Academic test after booking their exam online have up to 14 calendar days to claim a full refund before their test date.
- No refunds would be provided to candidates on canceling the exam less than 7 calendar days before the exam.
- Candidates who cancel the test, with less than 14 calendar days, but at least 7 calendar days before their test date will receive a partial refund of 50% of the test fee paid.
Who takes the PTE exam?
- PTE is accepted by Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, Singapore, and Germany among many other countries that are required to appear for the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic exam.
- PTE Academic is generally undertaken for studying abroad and immigration options.
- MBA and MS Colleges accept PTE scores.
PTE Exam result
PTE Academic Results are usually available online within five working days from the test date.
- PTE Academic Exam is scored on a scale of 10 – 90 where 10 is lowest, with increments of 1 point.
- Graded on the scale, the score showcases the person’s ability to read, speak, understand verbal instructions, and write the English language.
- The scores are presented in a graph, which gives an easy understanding of the candidate’s core skills in the language as well as improvement areas.
Since the PTE Academic is a computer-scored test, the chance of an error is highly minimalized. Only spoken responses and open-ended written responses are rescored if the candidates are unsatisfied with their marks.
Now get scores INSTANTLY!
Evaluate your IELTS/TOEFL writing and speaking scores with corrections and suggestions. Practice in Real-Time and improve your exam scores.
How to improve PTE scores?
‘Practice makes a man perfect‘, so the candidate must:
- First, understand the test format, exam pattern, and the syllabus.
- Check the previous year’s questions.
- Practice speaking English at home, school, or workplace.
- Listen to English speaking media, like television (use English subtitles if available) and radio broadcasts.
- Observe native speakers and listen to the language used in different contexts.
- Read widely from sources like newspapers, magazines, academic journals, and books.
- Identify your mistakes and work on them.
While writing the exam, the candidates must follow:
- First, read all test instructions carefully.
- Use correct punctuation for writing tasks: full stops, capital letters, commas, etc.
- Keep strictly within the word limit is given for writing tasks.
- Respond quickly and keep speaking during speaking tasks. The microphone will close after 3 seconds of silence and stop recording.
- Do not spend too much time on a single question.
First, know the syllabus and exam pattern. Practice as many PTE Sample Papers as possible to leave minimum room for error.
PTE Academic is accepted by universities worldwide for the main purpose of higher education abroad. Whereas, PTE General is also accepted by universities and employers and serves as proof of English language proficiency and is mainly used for employment purposes.
You don’t need any special skills.
Yes. PTE Academic is one of the tests accepted by DIBP, for more information visit DIBP.
Pearson does not issue paper certificates or paper score reports for PTE Academic. You can send your score to your chosen institution(s) and government bodies via your Pearson web account. Only scores assigned in this way are considered to be valid.
AccioIbis for your PTE exam
If you are dedicated to improving your PTE exam scores then AccioIbis is the best solution. You can INSTANTLY evaluate your PTE wiring and speaking tasks and get scores along with detailed feedback and suggestions. Also, AccioIbis is the only platform that can evaluate all the speaking tasks instantly and give you detailed feedback in just seconds!
Students around the globe are using AccioIbis to improve their PTE exam scores so what are you waiting for?
With AccioIbis PTE Instant Writing and Speaking evaluation, you will get the power in your hands, no more waiting no more searching for the right teacher, simply register and start practising. You can practice from any device from any place.
ALL THE BEST!!!
IF THE PLAN DOESN’T WORK, CHANGE THE PLAN. BUT NEVER THE GOAL.